Football Tournament

In week 15, I competed in the Goals Manchester Women's 5-aside Football Tournament. The tournament consisted of 15 teams from in and around Manchester playing several 12 minute games from 6pm to 10 dependent on the number of points attained from winning and goal difference. After winning four games and drawing one, my team "Multiple Scorgasm's" made it through to the final against defending champs "Croasies Angels" but lost at 2-1 in the last minute.

Playing short 5-aside games is great for me in developing my technique - the pitch is smaller and there's less players so you're forced to keep control of the ball for longer and improve on possession as well as stamina with the game having no breaks. In terms of my professional development, participating in 5-aside you're playing with fewer team-member so you have to communicate with each other more efficiently, if one person messes up (lets in a goal) there's less time to recover which can be frustrating but you have to control your emotions. Playing football it not only something I am passionate about but it helps keeps me disciplined through constantly playing practice matches to focus on developing skill - it is an extremely gratifying feeling when I can see my fitness and technique progress in game situations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Four

Week 15: Creative Briefs

Week Five