Week One

I was not able to attend both week one and two of The Big Agency as I was at the hospital due to breaking my wrist, albeit I went through the seminar slides on Moodle to catch up. The seminar sides discussed the importance of employee motivation and that it is the driving force behind achieving business goals. Similarly, I discovered that factors such as salary, working conditions and job security do not provide worker satisfaction but merely prevent dissatisfaction. I have also learnt that a business manager’s outlook influences the way they motivate employees. Through implementing McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y I understand that Theory X managers believe their employees are lazy and need to be controlled, whereas Theory Y managers trust employees are responsible and reliable. Finally, I have learned that every worker has psychological, security, social and self-actualisation needs that need to be met by their employer in order for them to be motivated and satisfied. I will follow this post with the task “what motivates you?” as well as posting it to the Moodle website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Four

TechforGood Market Research Questionare

Week 18: Assignment 2