Week Two

Following last week’s seminar, I took the Belbin test and got the results; Explorer, Innovator and Chairman. This an accurate representation of me as I believe I am an effective communicator, extremely creative, open-minded and naturally take a strong coordinating role within group work. From this information, I grouped myself with Yousef, Alicia and Carmen as their Belbin roles (Completer and Researcher) complimented mine meaning that we should theoretically work better together. From this seminar, I have also learnt “Role Theory” that explains individuals are expected to adhere to culturally defined norms and standards of behaviour associated with their given social position. Understanding how stereotypes and cultural expectations have developed over time is something I am extremely interested and thus I found this theory extremely engaging. Furthermore, I have learnt that it is important to understand that every individual has different roles and behaviours that I need to take into consideration when working within a group. At the end of this seminar, we were told that we must present a short pitch in next week’s lecture discussing what project we wanted to take on and why we would be the best group for the job.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Four

TechforGood Market Research Questionare

Week 18: Assignment 2