What motivates me?

I am naturally not a very motivated student however, when I play football, I find myself extremely motivated and driven. It is the fast-paced nature of the game and the stakes of losing that make me so motivated on the pitch. To me, there is no better feeling than playing to the best of my ability, hearing encouragement from supporters on the side-line and feeling part of a team are my key facilitators to motivation as they satisfy my social needs and boost self-esteem. I believe it is important for me to be extremely motivated when I am playing football, as I am part of a team I consider it my obligation to play to the best of my ability to avoid letting down my team-members. Albeit, it is harder for me to find motivation off-pitch. Often with my work I find I let myself down through poor time keeping and reluctance to start work earlier due to a lack in motivation, as a result my assignments are often rushed and not to the best of my ability. This academic year I have a greater desire for self-improvement and believe that wanting a good placement will push me to become more motivated so I can achieve this goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Four

TechforGood Market Research Questionare

Week 18: Assignment 2